The Provincial Health Officer has shared some information about the Novel Coronavirus in the letter linked below:
Reducing the risk
The BC Centre for Disease Control recommends that to reduce the risk of exposure to novel coronavirus, individuals employ the same measures that are taken in relation to colds and flu:
• Wash one’s hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water (it is the single most effective way of reducing the spread of infection).
• Practice other good hygiene habits: do not touch one’s face/eyes/mouth with one’s hands and cover one’s mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing (ideally with a disposable tissue or the crease of the elbow).
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched workspace surfaces.
• Maintain good general health (eat a balanced diet, get enough sleep, exercise in moderation).
• Stay home if sick.
• A new toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) has been established to answer questions from Canadians about the 2019 novel coronavirus. Service is available from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Picture Day has moved yet again, now on October 31st.
The SD 60 District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) is hosting a fall workshop called PAC 101. This workshop is for all parents in our district who would like to learn more about their schools Parent Advisory Councils “PAC”, (what is it, how does it work, where does the money come from, what to expect, benefits to joining a PAC committee or executive, how to organize, run meetings, manage finances, manage volunteer time, hot lunch programs, BC gaming grants, province wide resources and much more.
More information is coming soon, but we encourage everyone to SAVE THE DATE:
Thursday October 10 1pm Pomeroy Sports Centre
With a second repeat session at:
Thursday October 10 6 pm Pomeroy Sports Centre (food provided)
For more information or to confirm your attendance please firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome back to Upper Halfway School!
Students Grade 1-10 start September 4, 2019 from 8:20 am – 11:20 am
Kindergarten Students will have one or two visits (afternoon or morning) prior to the first full day of Kindergarten. Parents will be notified of the visit times the first week of September.
The first full day of Kindergarten is Wednesday, September 11, 2019.